How to Give a powerful public reading
Will you be reading for an audience soon? Would you like it to be your best reading ever? I can coach you, in person or online. You will identify your strengths, choose your most powerful material, and learn how to make your authentic-self work for you. You will practice simple techniques for connecting intimately with your audience—and converting listeners into fans.
When we work together you’ll:
Feel more confident when you're reading in public.
Catalyze your jitters into performance energy.
Learn effective rehearsal techniques.
Amp your stage-chops up to a professional level.
Acquire skills you can teach in your next workshop.
Your first half-hour is free. Just tell me what you need. Sessions available on Skype, WhatsApp, Zoom, and in-person. (+1) 919-949-2113
Here’s a performance tip from HOW TO READ FOR AN AUDIENCE which I co-wrote with Allegra Huston.
“Being yourself onstage is the best choice you can make to build your confidence. Play to your strengths. If you’re shy, be shy. If you’re outgoing, be outgoing. If you’re happy, be happy.”
Click HERE to buy this book.
• MFA in Poetry from Vermont College
• The Taos Poetry Festival Director
• WPVMFM Board of Directors, VP
• The LEAF Festival Poetry Slam-Master
• Founder of Poetry Alive! Theater Company
• Host of Twice 5 Miles Radio - WPVMFM
• The Artist's Way Creativity Camp Director, over ten years of partnership with Julia Cameron
• Marketing Director, Twice 5 Miles Publishing
• Memorized more than 600 poems
• Performed thousands of spoken-word shows around the world
• Workshop director for clients including: Timex; Duke University; National Council of Teachers of English; PepsiCo; the National University of Ireland, Galway; Ogilvy; Outward Bound, Gettliffe Architecture, Boulder; International Schools of Africa; and LKB Executive Coaching Associates, Paris.
You can tell a powerful story even when you’re reciting a poem.
I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks.