LEADERSHIP THROUGH SERVICE, CREATIVE EXPANSION BY NAVÉ-GATION
We are all born knowing our life’s purpose and mission. We have a built in sense of who we are, and what we want to do and be. We know this intuitively as children and are most in tune with this knowledge and awareness in young adulthood.
As your independence has grown, so has your involvement and participation in communities and organizations. You may have found that in the pursuit of harmony and the greater good, you have experienced tensions between your personal betterment and the advancement of the whole.
Others may have told you to delay your personal betterment in the interest of collective progress. I disagree with them. I have studied the poetic tensions between the self and the collective; and believe the key to resolving these tensions lies in leadership through service and navigating these challenges by your creative expansion.
I call this process and practice NAVÉ-GATION.
N: Narrative–Tell your better story.
A: Authority—Take full ownership of everything you know and have mastered.
V: Voice–Harness your truest, most honest voice.
É: Expansion—Align your personal betterment with the advancement of the whole.
My life and my work are synonymous. For the past twenty-five years, I have traveled the world in the service of poetry, art, creativity, and storytelling. I teach people how to exhume their buried dreams, trust their creative instincts, and design life on their terms.
• MFA in Poetry from Vermont College
• The Taos Poetry Festival Director
• The Taos Storytelling Festival Director
• The LEAF Festival Poetry Slam-Master
• Founder of Poetry Alive! Theater Company
• Host of Twice 5 Miles Radio - WPVMFM
• The Artist's Way Creativity Camp Director, over ten years of partnership with Julia Cameron
• Founding member of TEDxNewYork Salon
• Memorized more than 600 poems
• Performed over a two thousand shows
• Workshop director for clients including: Timex; Duke University; National Council of Teachers of English; PepsiCo; the National University of Ireland, Galway; Ogilvy; Outward Bound, Gettliffe Architecture, Boulder; International Schools of Africa; and LKB Executive Coaching Associates, Paris.
NOTICE THE SHORT VIDEO BELOW?
Notice the scattering of autumn leaves? They remind me of Ezra Pound's poem In the Station of the Metro, "The apparition of these faces in the crowd; / Petals on a wet, black bough."